Hannibal's first court house

This building, located midway on the east side of North Fourth Street, between Bird and Hill, served as Hannibal's first courthouse Built in 1839, it first served as Hannibal's Presbyterian Church, where Sam Clemens and his mother attended services. After the new court house was constructed on Broadway, this building was demolished. A duplex now stands on the lot, 314 N. Fourth St. STEVE CHOU COLLECTION

 Recent Posts