The house next door to Dr. Queen


This house, which was scheduled for demolition in 1959 to allow for expansion of St. John's Lutheran School (at left) stood at 1321 and 1323 Lyon Street. Dr. O.C. Queen, a Hannibal physician serving the black community for nearly four decades, lived just to the east of this duplex, at 1325 Lyon Street. OTIS HOWELL PHOTO/STEVE CHOU COLLECTION.

Read about Dr. Queen here:

http://www.maryloumontgomery.com/#!Dr-Queen-devoted-his-adult-life-to-treating-ills-of-Hannibals-black-population/co3i/3883A69F-0A7C-405F-B40D-D4D0671F4F4D

 Recent Posts